Friday, September 16, 2005

Comics 9/14/05

Marvel Comics:

Mega Morphs #3: Sean McKeever rocks! Super heroes in giant robots - plus Ghost Rider! Feeds my inner child.


Marvel Knights 4 #22: What with Ben Grimm (the Ever lovin' blue eyed Thing) being Jewish and all, I'm surprised no one ever pitted him against the Jewish myth of the Golem before. Very touching tale.

The Pulse #11: The first Super-hero giving birth in a long while. Bendis does well with dialogue and character driven bits, and so he shines here. No action to speak of, but lots of mothering advice given by the Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four.

Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius #1: Calvin and Hobbes (Franklin and H.E.R.B.I.E.) meets the Fantastic Four. A fun comic kids can enjoy (my six year old loved it). Since there are so few comics aimed at kids anymore, this is a welcome sign. Plus, adults will love this as well.

DC Comics:

JSA #77: An incomprehensible mess. I realize that since Warner Bros. owns DC and treats it as an R&D studio, they can afford to lose money, but this is ridiculous. This issue makes no sense. I suppose if I was following all the tie-ins to the "Infinite Crisis" mega-crossover I might understand this, but I have a limited budget.

No comments: