Monday, December 12, 2005

Semester's Almost Over....

I will probably have a mega comic post on Wednesday, though I will still have freshman essays to grade then (still not as tough as writing my own for graduate seminars).

As for TV - Well, I'm mad as spit that FOX is canceling Arrested Development. I'm happy they kept it around as long as they have (despite the constant pre-emptings and reschedulings so typical of Fox), but -

well, I wonder why I even watch Fox. After Firefly, John Doe, Dark Angel, Futurama - etc. etc. I think that network exists to make sure quality shows get cancelled.

And because of the disappointment known as "the last season of Simpsons" I haven't even bothered to check that show out. And whatever happened to Malcolm in the Middle?

Except for the last few episodes of Arrested Development, and Teen Titans and Bobobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo on Cartoon network, there's not much on worth watching. Lost and Battlestar Galactica come back in January, and The 4400 and Dead Zone are "good enough for summer" type tv series, so we won't see them until at least April or May (although I hear there's going to be "A Very Dead Zone Christmas" TV special in a few weeks. That oughta be trippy). And I've given up on Monk, as it seems the series has lost all life with the new "nurse."

Of course, since I've had so little time this semester because I took on an extra job to help pay off some debt, I was looking for excuses to stop watching some TV shows.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Firefly, John Doe, Dark Angel, Futurama - etc. etc. I think that network exists to make sure quality movies get made from interesting concepts.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Firefly series, but the movie was fun.

Of course I'm doing good to watch 2-3 hours of TV in a week, usually a lot less.

Ivan Wolfe said...

Well, it would be nice if Dark Angel and John Doe got made into movies as well, but as it is, it looks as though we're left with unresolved stories that still deserve to be told. At least Serenity leaves us with some resolution to the TV series.